Civic Tech London will officially launch at the GOOD17 hackathon on May 6th. Join with other civic and technically minded folks to brainstorm, collaborate, design and develop the solutions and projects that will make our communities and cities thrive. Civic Tech is about using technology to interact with/improve the public good. <br>
The GOOD17 hackathon is a training ground for civic minded technologists. But you don’t need to be a coder, an accomplished designer, or working at a hot new startup to participate! Hackathons bring together our diverse community to collaborate and create together; everyone has something to teach somebody. <br>
The hackathon is open to any and all projects, but here are some ideas of what you might expect to see on May 6th: <br>
• Helping Londoners access city services, programs, notices, and information in a way that is most accessible for them.
• Providing tools and spaces for service providers and community organizations to connect, collaborate, and better serve the diverse people of the city.
• Helping Londoners navigate and better use city services, while having an equitable, inclusive voice in city decision-making.
• Providing equitable, inclusive tools and spaces for Londoners of all kinds to connect, collaborate, and learn the stories of their fellow city residents.
• Helping Londoners build the city they want to see: connected and growing, environmentally-conscious, equitable and inclusive.